Effective date: May 25, 2018
Kidcoin understands that privacy is an important concern for our users and recognizes our affirmative and continuing obligation to keep the information provided to us secure and confidential. Kidcoin’s commitment to keep your financial and personal information private, in accordance with federal privacy regulations, is outlined in the policies and guidelines that follow. That commitment is the reason why Kidcoin does not share nonpublic personal customer information with any entity, except as specifically permitted by law and explained in this disclosure.
By using this site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. We reserve the right, in our sole and absolute discretion, to change these terms and conditions at any time. Please check these terms periodically for changes. Your continued use of http://www.kidcoin.com following the posting of changes to these terms and conditions will indicate your acceptance of those changes.
Our personnel is responsible for maintaining and protecting the personal information to which they have access. We have strict policies and procedures for protecting personal information and designated individuals within Kidcoin who are responsible for monitoring our compliance.
When you become a Kidcoin user, we ask you for your personal information and provide a Privacy Notice. We may collect and use this information to consider your application to the join the Kidcoin Network. Your personal information may be verified with other parties such your financial institutions and your employer.
Information we collect
- Information you provide to us directly: Before using certain parts of this Site, registering and/or ordering products, you must complete a registration form. When registering, you will be prompted to provide certain personal information, depending on the applicable registration form, including, but not limited to, your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address and credit card number. In addition, you may also be asked to provide your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations, and for your gender. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and this Site, and for internal data modeling and marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we will use the personal information to contact you.
- Analytics information: The Services may employ third-party analytics tools and embedded scripts to help measure traffic and usage trends. These tools collect information sent by your device to our services, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists in improving our services. This analytics information is collected and used with analytics information from other users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual user.
- Cookies: Like most other websites, Kidcoin uses cookie technology throughout this Site. Cookies are small text files that a website stores in your web browser’s cache. They are not programs, and cannot harm your computer. Cookies generally contain information that is associated with your web browser, information such as website preferences, login information, or a user ID. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, tracking of orders and shopping cart items.
- Log Information: When you access the Kidcoin website, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. This log information is not linked to personal information unless you are an active customer, or have otherwise provided such information to us. Third parties may also use tracking technologies such as web beacons, images, scripts and cookies to track information in the aggregate on our Site for analytics purposes. Kidcoin does not control these third-party technologies and their use is governed by the privacy policies of third parties using such technologies.
Any information we collect might be used for the following purposes:
- To customize users’ experience while using the website.
- To remember information so users will not have to re-enter it.
- To fulfill requests and/or process transactions for information, products and/or services provided by Kidcoin.
- To process user registrations and verify that users’ registration information is active and valid.
- To improve the functionality of the website and its features.
- To improve customer service.
- To communicate with users and provide users with information.
- To conduct relevant marketing research.
- To monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- To develop and test new products and features.
We will not share, rent, or sell your information to third parties outside Kidcoin for their marketing purposes.
Keeping Your Information Secure and Confidential
We will safeguard the nonpublic personal information you provide, as well as your business activities and transactions information, using established security standards and procedures, and we are continually investigating new technology for safeguarding information. We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who have a business purpose in knowing such information and our employees are trained to comply with our information safeguard principles. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard your nonpublic personal information. We recognize the importance of respecting your privacy and we want to assure you that any nonpublic personal information gathered will be used solely for our business needs. We do not disclose information learned about you except as permitted by law and explained below. In order to conduct our business and to offer your greater convenience and the widest range of products and services, we are permitted to share information under the following circumstances:
- With financial services partners and similar organizations or in connection with opening accounts and enlarging the set of account features to which you are given access. These companies perform services on our behalf and are obligated to keep the information about you that we provide to them confidential.
- When legally required or permitted. For example, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you in response to a valid subpoena, summons, garnishment or court order, in connection with a fraud investigation, regulatory requirements and to governmental entities such as providing your income statements to the Internal Revenue Service.
- With companies affiliated with Kidcoin and/or your transaction. We will only disclose identification, transactional and our experience information, such as name, address, account balance and account history, with our affiliates and certain transaction status updates with relevant transaction parties.
Because we already limit the sharing of your nonpublic personal information as outlined above and permitted by law, no action on your part is necessary to limit the sharing of your information.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm
We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
We believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations or as otherwise required by law.
What happens in the event of change of control
Restrictions on Use of Materials
Images of people or places displayed on the site are either the property of, or used with permission by, of Kidcoin. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorized by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these terms and conditions or specific permission provided elsewhere on the site. Any unauthorized use of the images may violate applicable law including, without limitation, copyright laws, trademark laws and the laws of privacy and publicity.
Kidcoin does not knowingly solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the site on their own. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us directly.
Control of your Personal Information
You may update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile information or settings. If you have any further questions about reviewing or modifying your account information or settings, please contact us directly. You may also permanently delete your member account.
How long we keep your information
Following termination or deactivation of your account, we, our Affiliates, and/or our Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and/or User-Submitted Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope you find our site helpful and convenient to use! Please feel free to contact us for any further questions, clarifications or suggestions at: [email protected]